#Mukaase: Veggie Gari fortor with Spicy Chicken Breast
Get served with something different this week; Veggie ‘Gari fortor’ with Spicy Chicken Breast.
The ‘Gari fortor’ part could be an exciting try.
1 Cup of Gari (cassava staple)
A handful each of diced green pepper, tomatoes, onions, carrots
Blended ginger, garlic, onions and chilli or pepper/red bell pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 a pound of chicken breast.
Salt to taste
1/2 a handful of sweet corn and green peas mix
1. Wash and cut chicken breast into desired sizes, spice with a tablespoon each of blended ginger, garlic, onions and chilli pepper. Add some salt to taste n set aside for 15-20mins.
2. Place a sauce pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss chicken mix into the pan. Allow to saute for 5-8mins,stir and cook for another 5mins.
3. In another sauce pan over medium heat, add another tablespoon of olive oil, add diced onions, green pepper, carrots, tomatoes and 1/2 a tablespoon each of blended ginger, garlic, onions and chilli pepper. Sauté for 3-5mins and set aside. 4. In a mixing bowl, pour the cup of Gari, a dash of salt to taste and mix together thoroughly. Sprinkle bits of water n continue to mix till Gari is soft but still crispy.
5. Add sautéed vegetable mix to the Gari amounts at a time and stir till thoroughly mixed.
6. Dish out vegie-gari mix on serving plate or mold in desired shape before serving.
7. Dish out chicken breast and serve separately from sauce around it.
8. Garnish meal with Parsley, sweet corn and green peas.
FOOD SURE TASTES GOOD, BUT TASTES EVEN BETTER WHEN HEALTHY!!