International Delegate Sponsorship Opportunity to Attend a Symposium on Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Nairobi, Kenya, 26 August 2016
The Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize has announced a sponsorship opportunity for budding African Researchers to apply for sponsorship to attend the Symposium on Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize scheduled to take place in Nairobi, Kenya, on 26 August 2016.
The Prize consists of two categories: Medical Research honouring individual(s) and Medical Services honouring individual(s) or organization(s).
Each category of the Prize consists of a citation, a medal and an honorarium of 100 million yen (≒1.18 million dollars).
Fifteen (15) sponsorship opportunities (travel and accommodation) will be awarded to suitable applicants from African countries.
1. Who can apply?
• Minimum of a Master’s degree during the past 10 years
• Working on research relating to a priority health problem in the African Region
• Aged 40 years or younger
• Have an intermediate to advanced level of spoken English or French or Arabic or Portuguese so they can effectively participate (the symposium will be conducted in English with simultaneous interpretations provided in French, Arabic and Portuguese)
• Agree to actively contribute to the symposium
2. How to apply
Prospective applicants are expected to complete the online application form and
• A letter expressing your interest and agreement to actively contribute to the Symposium
• A brief essay (a maximum of 2 pages) on:
o What are the requirements for efficient medical research and services in Africa and
o What actions should be taken by relevant stakeholders
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae addressing the eligibility criteria detailed above
The selection process comprises two stages, namely:
(a) recommendation of a maximum of three candidates by two sub-Committees, one established under the auspices of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) and the other established under the auspices of the African Regional Office of the World Health Organization (AFRO), which are responsible for the above-mentioned two categories respectively; and
(b) finalization of the candidates(s) by the Hideyo Noguchi Africa Prize Committee to be referred to the Prime Minister for final decision
The closing date for applications is 20 July 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
For further enquiries contact: email@example.com
Full details, including the on-line application form are available at: http://www.noguchiprize.afro.who.int/
Kobby Blay is the chief health editor at Ghanahealthnest.com. A professional practicing nurse with specialty in mental health and focus for health communications, public health, travel photography, ICT and systems perspective for health improvement.