It can not be one way. This week, we take you on another recipe trail with one of the most consumed grains, rice.
So, what are we cooking? Pea brown rice with sauteed veggies and chicken breast.
Here is how.
1 cup brown rice
A handful of green peas
A handful of sweet corn
Half a pound of chicken breast
2 tablespoons each of blended onions, chilli pepper /kpakpo shitor,
A tablespoon each of blended ginger and garlic
A handful each of chopped carrots, red onions, green pepper
One tablespoon of olive oil
Salt to taste
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Pea Brown Rice
1. Wash brown rice thoroughly under running water, bring to boil on medium heat with one and half cup full of water, add salt to taste for 20 minutes.
2. Add green peas when rice is fully cooked and set aside.
Sautéed veggies and chicken breast
1.wash chicken breast thoroughly under running water, chop into sizeable chunks and place into a mixing bowl.
2. Add blended garlic, ginger, onions, pepper, olive oil, salt to taste and hand mix all ingredients together.
3. In a sauce pan over medium heat, toss the chicken mix and cover with lid. Allow to cook for 5minutes,stir and cook for another 5mins.
4. Add chopped onions, carrots, green peppers, a dash of black pepper and stir. Sautee for another 5mins and dish out into a serving bowl.
Dish out rice, garnish with a handful of sweet corn and serve with chicken sauce!
Food sure tastes good, but tastes even better when healthy.